Tomorrow's Pioneers (رواد الغد; also known as The Pioneers of Tomorrow) is a children's program, last broadcast on October 16, 2009 on the Palestinian Hamas-affiliated television station, Al-Aqsa TV (مرئية الأقصى قناة الأقصى). The show features young host Saraa Barhoum and her co-host, a large costumed animal as they perform skits (or "scenes") and discuss life in Palestine in a talk show fashion with call-ins from children (typically of age 9–13 with some as young as 3). Presented in a children's educational format similar to such shows as Sesame Street or Barney and Friends, Tomorrow's Pioneers is highly controversial as it contains antisemitism, Islamism, anti-Americanism, and other anti-Western themes.
Why It not only Sucks but is Utterly Soulless
- It portrays Americans, Muslim people, and especially Jews incredibly negatively.
- Hamas made this.
- Promotes child soldiers and suicide-bombers.
- It's basically a series of recruitment videos for Hamas.
- It has evil rip-off versions of cartoon characters such as Mickey Mouse, Maya Bee, Bugs Bunny, Roger Rabbit and even Winnie the Pooh.
- It thinks that Islam is not a religion of peace.
- The Palestinian Authority hates this show.
- Even Walt Disney's last surviving child, Diane Disney Miller, hated this show. She described it as pure evil, as it teaches children to be evil and it goes against every grain of humanity.
- There is an infamous and horrifying scene in which an actor dressed as an Israeli government official beats the show's version of Mickey Mouse to death after the latter calls him a terrorist. This scene is insulting and disturbing to both Mickey Mouse fans and little kids. Watch it if you dare...
- The "children's songs" are actually propaganda songs that praises Hamas.
- The show is more like Tommorow's Terrorists because this show is about terrorism.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- It got cancelled in 2009 and was taken off the air for good.
Reception And Criticism
Tommorrow's Pioneers received extremely overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics. Critics considered it to be one of the worst shows of all time. Criticisms concerning the content and methods employed in the broadcast of Tomorrow's Pioneers have come from a variety of sources. Israeli officials and critics from the Anti-Defamation League have denounced the program as incendiary and outrageous in content. Watchdog groups, Palestinian Media Watch and MEMRI have described the show as "anti-Israeli," and PMW has commented on the show's "champion[ing of] violence, promot[ion of] hatred of Israel and preach[ing] about world Islamic supremacy." Within the Arabic community, critics have suggested that the show has potential to introduce bias in children at an age when they are unable to properly differentiate between political viewpoints. Harsher Arabic and Palestinian critics have suggested that the show is nothing short of an attempt at the indoctrination of children.