Thomas & Friends is a children's television series about a blue locomotive and all his engine friends in the fictional Island of Sodor. Itself was based on The Railway Series by the author Reverend Wilbert Awdry.
Seasons 13-16 were the first to fully make use of CGI Animation, and those 4 seasons have been poorly received by the Thomas fanbase.
Why They Cause Some Confusion And Delay
- The plots for each episode felt very basic.
- Poor writing. Each episode feels the same with some minor changes, BECAUSE OF SHARON MILLER!
- Speaking of "feels the same", this is referring to the Three Strikes Formula, and how it works?
They mess up the job, normally get scolded by Sir Topham Hatt, and feel sorry for it.
Then they do the job right thanks to help/advice from an engine. Season 15 however, used this formula in almost every single episode, and plays a role greatly in the monstrosity that is called Wonky Whistle.
- Overuse of illiteration and rhyming words.
- The morals at the end of each episode are very poor.
- Introduced many unlikeable characters, which included the Logging Locos (Bash, Dash and Ferdinand) who were so poorly received by the Thomas community, even counting them to be the worst characters ever.
Really Useful Qualities
- There is some good episodes in this era (such as "Tickled Pink", "Flash Bang Wallop" and "Percy and the Calliope" For example).
- The CGI, from Nitrogen Studios is done really well (if you don't compare it to higher budget productions).
- The Mr Perkins Scenes (DVDs Only) Are Pretty Good.
- Good Voice Acting.
- Nice Soundtrack.
- Some newly introduced characters including Hiro, Victor And Kevin are likeable.