Thomas & Friends is a children's television series about a blue locomotive and all his engine friends in the fictional Island of Sodor. Itself was based on The Railway Series by the author Reverend Wilbert Awdry.
Seasons 13-16 were the first to fully make use of CGI Animation, and those 4 seasons have been poorly received by the Thomas fanbase.
Why They Cause Some Confusion And Delay
- Basic plots.
- Awful writing. Each episode through these 4 seasons feel the same with some minor changes, not to mention the majority of them are written by Sharon Miller, the head writer at the time and is heavily hated by fans of the show.
- Speaking of "feels the same", this is referring to the Three Strikes Formula, and how this works is that the engine does a job and does a mess up three different times or avoids advice from another engine, they then notice this or get scolded by Sir Topham Hatt, and feel sorry for what they did and then they do the job right thanks to help/advice from an engine. Season 15 however, used this formula in almost every single episode, and plays a role greatly in the monstrosity that is called Wonky Whistle.
- Overuse of alliteration and rhyming words.
- The morals at the end of each episode can ether be very poor, or non existent.
- Many of the existing characters are out-of character, or are idiots (Thomas being the biggest abuser of this)
- Introduced many unlikable characters, which included the Logging Locos (Bash, Dash and Ferdinand) who were so poorly received by the Thomas community, even counting them to be the worst characters ever.
- Almost every episode says "Then there was trouble!"
Really Useful Qualities
- There is some good episodes in this era (such as "Tickled Pink", "Flash Bang Wallop" and "Percy and the Calliope" For example).
- The CGI, from Nitrogen Studios is done really well (if you don't compare it to higher budget productions).
- The Mr Perkins clips seen on the DVDs are well written and funny.
- The voice acting is pretty good, even though the british voice cast fit the characters a little better than the american ones.
- The soundtrack is good.
- Some characters introduced in this era, like Hiro, Victor And Kevin are likeable.