The Thundermans is a 2013 superhero sitcom on Nickelodeon.
The series revolves around the Thundermans, a suburban family with superpowers who are living normal lives in the fictional town of Hiddenville, Florida. The series specifically focuses on teenage twins Phoebe, who is working to become a full-fledged superhero, and Max, who is trying to be a supervillain.
Why It Sucks
- It's bland, boring and unoriginal.
- The Thundermans have very one-dimensional, argumentative personalities. For example, Phoebe is a girly nerdy teen who loves fashion, school, makeup and social media. Max is the rebel. Hank is the bumbling father. Barb is the nagging mother. Nora is the bratty cruel manipulative girl, Billy is the stupid one, and Chloe is the baby.
- Brain-dead writing.
- Incredibly lame puns.
- HORRIBLE episode titles (Parks and T-Rex, Smells Like Teen Spirit, May Z-Force Be With You, Orange is the New Max, etc.)
- Terrible acting.
- It gets way too much promotion and adoration from the network, almost becoming the Teen Titans Go of Nickelodeon.
- It tries way too hard to stay hip and relevant. There are references to twerking, "bae", "roasts", selfies, social media, and dabbing.
- Atrocious theme song.
- Phoebe and Max are supposed to be 14, but they look like they're in college for some reason. Same goes for Chloe. She's supposed to be a baby, but she looks like she's 5.
- The family abuses each other too much.
- The show is racist against Asians.
- Too much dating drama.
- The laugh track plays at the unfunniest lines.
- Too much butt, fart, poop, pee, vomit, burp, booger, spit, armpit, and twerk jokes.
- The show also relies on cruelty for comedy.
- Horrible soundtrack
- Horrible morals for kids. The show encourages:
- Breaking rules
- Commiting crimes (breaking and entering, vandalism, and theft)
- Impersonating a doctor
- Joyriding in a van
- Wiping out people's memories
- Ditching school