The Powerpuff Girls is an animated series based on the 1998 series of the same name by Craig McCracken. It is a reboot that aired on Cartoon Network on April 4th 2016, and reruns air on Boomerang.
Why It Sucks
- The Girls' old voice actors were replaced with new ones for their youthful appearance.
- It has less crime-fighting and more scenes related to what the characters do when "they are not to work".
- Awful script-writing and writing in general.
- Too much nonsense.
- Overuse of outdated memes and Internet slang, such as "No Me Gusta!" meme as seen in the episode "Tiara Trouble", and the Mojo Jojo Meme Maker.
- Ms. Bellum, the mayor's assistant, was removed because Nick Jennings thought that having a beautiful, warm-hearted, motherly, intelligent, strong-willed woman on the show was offensive to the new generation and stated getting rid of her was "a good choice".
- The Girls are completely out of character.
- The singing is horrible.
- Mojo Jojo's famous language and speech patterns are gone.
- They don't introduce the villains to the new generation and just have them pop out randomly with no explanation of who they are or why they're even there.
- Sexualizing underage characters. Bubbles and Blossom were twerking in the episode "Painbow". Blossom is given a love interest and she's frequently seen having not so innocent fantasies about him.
- Bad humor nearly every moment.
- Cheap and bad looking animation.
- Unneeded change about the character designs, which are now more rounded than edged, such as Professor Utonium having round corners around his face, arms, and hands, and Ms. Keane, the Girls' teacher, lacking her breasts.
- Like Teen Titans Go!, the show lacks the dark and serious tone of the original.
- Speaking of Teen Titans Go!, this show even had a crossover with that show, which also sucks.
- No one, not even Craig McCracken, the creator of the original show even wanted PPG to be rebooted.
- Some of the voice actors such as Tom Kenny, Tom Kane, Roger L. Jackson and Jennifer Hale reprise their roles.
- The twerking is cut in the Turkish dub of Painbow.
- The theme song is okay.
- It's an improvement over Teen Titans Go!
- The voice acting is decent.
- The Girl's new voice actresses sound similar to the old ones.
- At least the character designs haven't changed.