The Powerpuff Girls is an animated series based on the 1998 series of the same name by Craig McCracken. It is a reboot that aired on Cartoon Network on April 4th 2016.
Why It Sucks
- The Girls' old voice actors were replaced with new ones for their youthful appearance.
- Like Teen Titans Go!, the reboot has less crime-fighting and more "What Heroes Do When They're Not Saving The World". The original has more crime-fighting than this.
- Awful script-writing and writing in general.
- This, along with Teen Titans Go! and the Ben 10 reboot gave Cartoon Network a terrible reputation.
- Too much nonsense.
- Overused Memes from the internet, like one episode having twerking, as seen in the episode "Painbow".
- Ms. Bellum (The Mayor's assistant) was removed because they don't want her to be in the show anymore. (But why?! She was very smart!!) Nick Jennings thought that having a beautiful, warm-hearted, motherly, intelligent, strong-willed woman on the show was offensive to the new generation and stated getting rid of her was "A Good Choice".
- In the episode, 'Horn, Sweet Horn' A Unicorn named Donny said he wants to be a beautiful unicorn and that is called 'bashing gays' and when he transitioned he was turned into a monster instead. This episode in particular could also be considered trans-phobic.
- The girls are completely out of character.
- The singing is horrible
- Mojo Jojo's famous language and speech patterns are gone.
- They don't introduce the villains to the new generation and just have them pop out randomly with no explanation of who they are or why they're even there!
- They were twerking in one episode.
- Bad humor nearly every moment.
- The animation is just as terrible as Teen Titans Go! and looks like rainbow colored vomit.
- The character designs are more rounded than edged, such as Professor Utonium having round corners around his face, arms, and hands.
- Shapes of the characters limbs are dizzying to the eye, like the animators and artist have no idea how to draw consistently.
- Some of them can be disturbing, gross, or just plain messed up but the original was WAY even better.
- Completely and utterly disrespected Craig McCracken's original work, the fans of the original, the audience, and the original voice actresses (didn't even contact them about it!).
- That Jared Shapiro incident.
- It airs on Boomerang, a channel for old cartoons!
- The episode "horn sweet horn" was accused for insulting transgender people in the LGBT community
- The male voice actors reprise their roles
- It's considerably better than Teen Titans Go!.
- The twerking is cut in the Turkish dub of Painbow.