The Beatles is an American animated television show featuring the English rock band, created by Al Brodax. It ran from 1965 to 1969; The series was a historical milestone as the first weekly television series to feature animated versions of real, living people.
Every episode has a name of their songs, and based on their lyrics. Each episode place The Beatles in all sorts of madcap situacions, always running from fan-crazed girls, encountering local swindlers, goofy lovestick animals or fleeing from ghosts, witches and vampires.
Why it Sucks
- The animation is sometimes terrible and cheap, like if the episode was made on Windows Movie Maker and MS Paint; For example: the episode "I Saw Her Standing There".
- John, Paul and George are unlikeable characters.
- Ringo is the whipping mule of the series.
- In the episode "Chains", John, Paul and George try to drown Ringo and kill him. This is not a joke.
- Half of the episodes are just them singing.
- When one of them are in trouble or on the edge of death, they just sing, which makes it mean spirited.
- Until season 2 and 3 the singing sequences are recycled; something that makes the entire episodes annoyings.
- Ron Campbell (Director, Storyboarded of the show) made official art that it makes your eyes hard see it.
- The Beatles Hated it at the begin.
Things that are meh
- The voice acting is regular (The only problem is that George and John doesn't sound similars:John having a rough american accent and George with a Irish or Scottish accent, in the other place; Paul and Ringo sounds more like real life characters, but americans).
- The character designs resemble Hanna Barbera background characters.
- Some episodes aren't too bad.
- Some episodes are well animated.
- The episode "Good Day Sunshine" is a good episode for Ringo, because he thought that's he's just a jinx and Paul, John and George are likeable because they help him.
- The humour and Gags are creative and clever.
- The late George Harrison has said that the show is funny to watch.
- The segments and singalongs have decent animacion than the actual episodes.
- His Japanese and Spanish dub makes the characters more likeable; specially on John.
- it's fanbase.
- This show becomes the first TV Cartoon featuring Real Life people.