Teletubbies is a British pre-school children's television series created by Ragdoll Productions' Anne Wood and Andrew Davenport.
The programme focuses on four multi-coloured creatures known as "Teletubbies," named for the television screens implanted in their abdomens. Recognised throughout popular culture for the uniquely-shaped antenna protruding from the head of each character, the Teletubbies communicate through gibberish and were designed to bear resemblance to young children.
Why it sucks
- All four Teletubbies are very, very annoying.
- It is EXTREMELY hard to distinguish the age, gender, and species of Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, and Po.
- The show only encourages young children to bounce around, acting like maniacs.
- The Teletubbies are all very creepy, as they look a lot like aliens.
- The Teletubbies speak gibberish.
- It got taken off the air for LGBT stereotypes as Tinky Winky was purple and carried a purse. To simplify, this show is offensive towards LGBT people because of this reason.
- It's a children's TV show that is too uneducational.
- It still can teach a little about friendship and teamwork.
- It's kid-friendly and doesn't have anything actually offensive in it.
- Its 2016 reboot could be considered an improvement.