Teen Titans Go! (More like Toddler Titans No!) is an animated comedy series based off the Teen Titans comic book series and acts as a spin-off to the 2003 cartoon. The actors and actresses of the original reprise their roles.
The story focuses on the Teen Titans, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven when they are not saving the world.
Why It Should Not Have Been CreatedEdit
- Horrible animation and poor character designs compared to the original. The character designs are rather infantile and far from complex, as well as being disgraces to the chibi art style.
- Many episodes have very stupid plots such as Starfire wanting to marry a pot of chili, or Beast Boy and Cyborg having a competition on who can say "Waffles" the most.
- This was made by Cartoon Network and gave them a bad reputation.
- Many villains aren't much of a threat. Trigon, once an embodiment of evil in the comics and original series, is portrayed as a sitcom dad.
- Poor and false life lessons such as things like cheating to win, girls are better than boys, or even claiming that watching a lot of TV makes your brain stronger.
- Despite heavy dislike, the show takes up a very large portion of airtime on Cartoon Network, enraging viewers.
- The creators of the show have dismissed any criticism of the show and made an episode mocking the critics, The Return of Slade.
- Most of the characters' personalties have badly changed. Four examples is that Robin in this show has been turned into a complete jerk who cares nothing about his friends, Raven has turned into a pegasister, Beast Boy has turned into a lazy bum and Cyborg has turned into an obnoxious idiot.
- Lackluster theme song.
- The humor is forced.
- It began the trend of bad reboots on Cartoon Network.
- The creators openly stated that they've never watched the original show, yet it features characters from it.
- It’s overly random and lots of things are out of place.
- It can essentially be a 15 minute It's Made For Kids excuse, as well as a big "Screw You" to the fans of the original series.
- Bright colors which could cause a second Porygon incident if you'd think about it.
- Waste of talented voice actors.
- Incredibly awful jokes consisting of butts and waffles, sometimes even farts are involved.
- Horrid dialogue.
- Poor soundtrack and voice acting, even though most of the voice actors from the original show reprise their roles.
- There's no reason that this show should exist aside from it being milked to absolute death by Cartoon Network and making merchandise.
- One episode also insulted the Young Justice fanbase as well.
- No continuity.
- Mountains of filler.
- Misleading titles.
- The chibi designs of the characters was not well received. Even true chibi fans said they hated their new looks!
- Some of the episodes have songs that get very annoying.
- The show has become self-aware that it sucks and is proud of it.
- It also insults other DC properties.
- Has been shown once in a week 159 times, and in another week it has been shown a whopping 300 TIMES.
- It lacks the dark and serious tone of the original cartoon.
- It replaced Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
- It is the epitome of mean spirited.
- The show is definitely a schedule hog, none of the good shows on Cartoon Network ever got this treatment, which also proves that Cartoon Network hate their fans.
- The show itself is pretty much overrated.
- Cartoon Network chose this over Super Best Friends Forever by Lauren Faust(the creator of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)
- The bumpers and advertisements say that this is "everyone's favorite show" which is not true.
Among internet reviewers, it has been mercilessly panned. Mr. Enter has been known to call the characters "The Toddler Titans" due to their immature personalities. It was ranked #1 on WatchMojo's Top 10 Worst Animated Superhero Shows video.