Johnny Test is a low-budget Canadian-American cartoon that aired in 2005-2014 on Teletoon in Canada and Cartoon Network in North America.
Why it Sucked
- The cartoon was infamous for ripping off other cartoons, most notably Dexter's Laboratory, The Fairly OddParents, Jonny Quest, Scooby-Doo, Dynomutt, Dog Wonder, Doraemon and Tom & Jerry.
- The episodes are almost always the same thing every time over and over again (something goes wrong and Johnny and Dukey (sometimes with other characters) have to fix it). It's the literal saying of "same thing, different episode".
- Season Two's theme song rips off Green Day's "American Idiot".
- Annoying and horrible voice acting that wasted the talents of James Arnold Taylor, Ian James Corrlet, Ashleigh Ball, etc.
- Extremely terrible Flash animation. (Altough season 1's animation looked pretty nice.)
- Horrid designs for most of the characters.
- Johnny Test is a very unlikable character because he is a huge spoiled and selfish brat.
- Overuse of toilet jokes, such as Johnny Test farting on the bad guys to defeat them when he is dressed as a superhero (Johnny X), which is absolutely nonsensical and disgusting.
- The whipping sound that plays every time the characters move their arms WILL get on your last nerve.
- Terrible and unfunny humor.
- Poorly-written scripts.
- The background music in every episode gets really annoying and is used frequently throughout each episode.
- It destroyed the reputation of the creator, Scott Fellows, who created one of the best Nick shows ever aired (Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide).
- A large portion of the show's hatedom tends to take their opinions way too far, making art and videos that show Johnny being beaten up, humiliated and/or murdered by other cartoon characters.
- Dukey The Dog, Susan and Mary are the only tolerable characters.
- Season One was good.
- It was the last surviving show from the pre-2010 rebrand.
- Season One's theme song is catchy!