Grounded Videos are videos where kids gets grounded by their parents for a long amount of time. There are also two variations of these videos, Dead Meat Videos (also known as Behavior Card Day videos) and Held Back Videos.
Why They Suck
- These videos are basically the same thing, as they are all boring and repetitive.
- The characters are all unlikable and show no personality aside from being troublemakers.
- The troublemakers do bad stuff in some types of videos without a valid, or legit reason.
- These videos are often child abuse.
- Many of the plots are copied from other GoAnimate users or scenes from TV shows (like South Park), which are literally the same thing. Examples are "[troublemaker] Poops on the Teacher", "[troublemaker] Misbehaves at [restaurant name]", and "[troublemaker] Disrespects [event name]".
- Some troublemakers are either adults, real-life people, or characters from various cartoons. For example, Caillou (in which these videos got inspired by its title character's spoiled brat behavior), Dora the Explorer, Barney the Dinosaur, Dr. Eggman from the Sonic franchise, Christina Miller, and even Donald Trump.
- This literally ruined the whole GoAnimate site. Even if it was bad, it was a whole lot better back in 2008.
- Poor animation, despite the fact that they were either made with GoAnimate or Plotagon.
- These videos were made mostly by GoFags (a term used by GoAnimate critics).
- The staff of GoAnimate hate these videos.
- On topic of this, this is one of the main reasons why Alvin Hung, the creator and CEO of GoAnimate, removed the non-business stuff of GoAnimate to turn it into a business site.
- The troublemakers get grounded for large amount of years or forever, which makes no sense.
- Some videos depict troublemakers getting grounded for stupid and nonsensical reasons, such as for getting a Barney Error, stepping on Dog Poop, no reason, and even Behaving Well at a Hospital.
Dead Meat Videos
- These videos involve troublemakers getting a bad card (mostly black), getting in dead meat, and getting expelled. Most of these dead meat videos involve the troublemakers getting grounded for it.
- Some of these videos are over 8, 10 even 15 minutes long.
- These videos in particular are very repetitive, with little to no changes within the video's timeframe.
Held Back Videos
- These videos involve troublemakers doing something bad in school, such as being late so many times, getting in dead meat, etc. Then the troublemakers get sent to the principal's office, and they get held back a grade, all the way to Preschool. The troublemaker does bad stuff once they get held back a grade. When they get held back to Preschool, they do something bad, such as eating all of the milk and cookies, singing a bad song, scaring the little kids, etc, then they get expelled. Most of these held back videos involve the troublemakers getting grounded for getting held back to Preschool and getting expelled.
- The teachers are depicted as very strict and mean.
- Some students in these videos do something bad, such as throwing a basketball at the teacher and saying something bad, then blame the troublemakers for it, and the troublemakers get held back for something they didn't do.
- The schools in the GoAnimate universe are very unfair.
- This is not even what being held back is in real life. Sure, you have to repeat a grade, but not every other grade you've finished before the one you're repeating!
- Some grounded videos, dead meat videos, and held back videos at least have effort put into them.
- Many users later had stopped making these videos, most likely when all of the non-business-related stuff on GoAnimate got removed.
- Grounded videos, dead meat videos, and held back videos haven't invaded other animation programs like Flash or Pivot.
- There are some users who do grounded videos, but the character only gets grounded for like a week or a month, but not for a large amount of years like most grounded videos.