Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (or simply Coconut Fred) was a Saturday morning children's show that aired on Kids' WB in the United States, from September 17, 2005 to May 27, 2006. The show was produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
The show takes place on an island inhabited exclusively by fruit. The residents enjoy their own tropical paradise without a care in the world; they must share their peaceful utopia with the joyfully strange Coconut Fred, a whimsical, blissfully foolish coconut with the special ability to materialize anything he thinks about. The plot revolves around the adventures of Fred and his friends, as his boundless imagination springs to life while his friends struggle to cover up the collateral.
Why It Sucked
- Rip-off of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Horrible voice acting that wasted the talent of Rob Paulsen. He even regretted voicing Fred (Even more than Bubsy Bobcat).
- Terrible flash animation quality, even for 2005 standards.
- The main character, Coconut Fred, is really annoying and overly happy in even the worst situations.
- Awful jokes.
- Idiotic concept.
- Like Da Boom Crew and Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, it aired on one of the greatest Saturday morning cartoon blocks of all time, Kids! WB.
- Insufferable theme song.