Cartoon Network is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Turner Broadcasting System which is a division and subsidiary of Time Warner. It was founded by Betty Cohen and launched on October 1, 1992.
The channel primarily broadcasts children's shows, mostly animated programming, ranging from action to animated comedy. It is primarily aimed at children and young teenagers between the ages of 7 to 15, and targets older teens and adults with mature content during its late night daypart Adult Swim, which is treated as a separate entity for promotional purposes and as a separate channel by Nielsen for ratings purposes.
List Of Currently Airing TV Programs
- Teen Titans Go!
- Ben 10 (2016)
- The Powerpuff Girls (2016)
- Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs: The Series
- Mighty Magiswords
- Teen Titans (Reruns)
- Steven Universe
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Adventure Time
- Ben 10 (2005) (Reruns)
- We Bare Bears
- Regular Show (Reruns)
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) (On Demand)
- O.K K.O.!: Let's Be Heroes
Why They Suck(ed)
Christina Miller Era; 2014-Present
- Since the conclusion of Regular Show in January 16, 2017, they have shifted their focus on airing Teen Titans Go! more frequently than usual, giving their other cartoons little to no airtime.
- They no longer make any re-runs of modern cartoons after their endings, such as Regular Show (until November 13, 2017) and Uncle Grandpa.
- They have made reboots out of Ben 10, and The Powerpuff Girls, with both shows getting a poor reception.
- Many of their newer acquired cartoons are horrible, such as Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs: The Series, ’’Sonic Boom’’ And others.
- They have aired Teen Titans Go! more than a hundred times, and in one week they have aired it 300 TIMES.
- For their 25th Anniversary on October 1st, 2017, they've barely done anything at all to celebrate it.
- They have ended a lot of their great shows.
- The rebrand of Cartoon Network's sister channel, Boomerang, was a complete disaster. As a result, not only does the channel not at all live up to the original version, but the channel no longer airs any of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons in favor of simply re-airing modern cartoons like Teen Titans Go!, The Powerpuff Girls (2016), mid-2000s shows, and others, making the channel today completely useless.
- Current hiatuses like Adventure Time and Steven Universe.
- They haven't immediately picked up Villainous yet.
- They cancelled some of their shows like Young Justice, Green Lantern, and Sym-Bionic Titan because those shows had high budgets and they think toy sales should be connected to viewership.
- The Hall of Game still exists.
Stuart Snyder Era; 2007-2013
- Awful and terrible shows, such as The Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Out of Jimmy's Head, Incredible Crew, Hero: 108, Chop Socky Chooks, Johnny Test, and The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, which all got cancelled.
- The last remaining five episodes of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi have never been aired in the United States. In addition, Cartoon Network even never made any plans to air them either.
- They made horrible live-action shows (a poor man's version of Adult Swim) that literally killed the purpose of their channel. For example, Dude, What Would Happen? and Destroy Build Destroy.
- Terrible award, Hall of Game Awards. which is mostly a ripoff of Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards.
- Some shows that are aired some countries such as the Middle East are heavily censored.
- They aired bad shows such as My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Squirrel Boy.
- Most of their older cartoons are good, such as Dexter's Laboratory, and Ed Ed n Eddy.
- Mostly 2000s/10s shows are very good and decent such as Adventure Time, Regular Show, Clarence, Steven Universe, Chowder, Flapjack, Billy and Mandy, etc.
- 20th Birthday held on October-November 2012 are amazing.
- They stopped doing live-action shows in 2013, due to low sales and budget issues.
- They have started airing reruns of Teen Titans since August 7, 2017.
- Some schedules have more variety in several countries, including the Philippines.
- They have made a new show called OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, which is actually GOOD.
- They have started airing reruns of the original Ben 10 since October 7, 2017.
- They have started airing reruns of Regular Show since November 13, 2017.