Caillou is a 1997 series based on the works of Québécois educational writer Hélène Desputeaux.
The show is about a bald 4 year old kid named Caillou, and he has adventures with his friends and family, while being a spoiled brat at the same time.
Why This Show Really Sucks
- Caillou is spoiled like Dudley Dursley.
- Apart from Caillou and his parents, the characters have no personality whatsoever.
- Caillou's voice is so annoying.
- The theme song makes a Jacob Sartorius song sound like Stairway to Heaven.
- It teaches children to be spoiled-as-hell, rude-as-Satan brats.
- Calliou cries. A LOT. (Mainly in Season 1, it gets toned down in the next 4 seasons.)
- The show has nothing that will educate kids and is far from educational.
- The infamous "Caillou Joins the Circus" episode.
- Caillou's spoiled brat behavior heavily influenced the "Grounded" series of videos on GoAnimate.
- Caillou's second voice actor, Jaclyn Linetsky, died in a car crash on September 8, 2003 at the age of only 17 when driving to the set of 15/Love in St. Cesaire, Québec in a Dodge Grand Caravan, this meant Calliou's voice actor had to be changed once again.
- Though the animation in seasons 1-3 was half-decent, the animation in seasons 4-5 is very poor and cheap, due to it switching to Flash animation.
- In Big Brother Caillou, Caillou, who is 2 1/2 back then, pinches his newborn sister Rosie, and the episode got banned because of this.
- Nice looking character designs.