Ben 10 is a reboot of the 2005 series of the same name that premiered in Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific on October 1, 2016, and in the United States on April 10, 2017 on Cartoon Network.
Ben, a ten year old boy lives with his family Gwen Tennyson, his sister, and Max Tennyson, his grandfather. During a summer vacation, a meteor crashes next to his vehicle, the "Rustbucket". Ben inspects the meteor, and while doing so a high tech advanced device attaches to his left wrist. He quickly discovers that the device allows him to transform into ten distinct aliens. With this new device he calls the "Omnitrix" Ben battles villains and fixes disasters.
In Omni-Tricked, he upgraded his Omnitrix using his Upgrade alien, which gives him an additional alien to transform into and also gives him armor upgrades for nine of his existing ten aliens, called "Omni-Enhanced" forms.
Why It Sucks
- Nobody asked for the series to be rebooted.
- Horrible animation and character design. Ben and Gwen look like that they are 7-year-olds and, like Teen Titans Go!, their heads are bigger than their bodies. Also, each human head has an awkward red glow around their noses. Ben's alien forms also look more humanoid, most notably Stinkfly because in the original, he looks like an actual bug, but looks like a man in a bug costume in the reboot.
- It is the most over-aired show on Cartoon Network next to Teen Titans Go!.
- Its terrible theme song that just shouts "Ben 10" over and over again. In this case, five times.
- It ruined many childhoods of the people who grew up with the original.
- No origin story episode, which confused people who haven't watched the original Ben 10 series.
- Lack of any action scenes which include Ben fighting his enemies, when the original series, Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse which this show is a reboot of is known for action scenes.
- Terrible voice acting, with some of the voice actors of the original being replaced by new ones. For example, Megan Smith, the original voice of Gwen, is replaced by Montserrat Hernandez and Paul Eiding, the original voice of Grandpa Max, is replaced by David Kaye (AKA Megatron from Transformers fame)
- This, along with The Powerpuff Girls reboot and Teen Titans Go! gave Cartoon Network a horrible reputation.
- Overflow is just a copy of Water Hazard, but with a somewhat different appearance and is somehow not Water Hazard's species.
- Unrelated to the series itself, but Cartoon Network is airing episodes of this show in other regions before the US, despite Man of Action, the series creator, being an American company. For example, the series aired in the U.K. in 2016 before the US in 2017. Also, the second season has not aired in the US and has not even been announced in the US yet. The only way to actually get clips is to go watch the Cartoon Network UK channel on YouTube, and even then the clips aren't full episodes.
- 21st worst Cartoon Network shows followed by Powerpuff Girls.
- Like The Powerpuff Girls (2016) and Teen Titans Go!, it lacks the dark and serious tone of the original.
- It got adapted into a video game by Outright Games, which nobody asked for.
- At least it doesn't take up a large portion of airtime on Cartoon Network like Teen Titans Go!.
- At least most of the original crew, including the creators of the original Ben 10 were involved in this reboot.
- The Ben 10 reboot toys that Playmates released are actually not half-bad.
- The Omni-Tricked four part episode is pretty good. Ben's Omnitrix gets upgraded and this upgrade actually persists through the second season. By the way, he gets the ability to enhance his aliens with new armor upgrades.
Ben 10 was mostly negative reviews from critics and fans of the original show. In iMDB, it has currently over 2 out of 10 (now in 2.7). Which is considered one of the worst shows of all time and with lower than The Problem Solverz, The Adventures of Paddy the Pelican, The Nutshack, Fred: The Show, and The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange.